Frankincense oil rightly deserves to be called “The King of Oils”. It has been used since ancient times as an essential and valuable oil for its qualities.
Frankincense as a plant is part of a special plant family growing almost only at the the southern region of the Arabian Peninsula.
The origin of its usage in history begins western Oman, where it was used for everything from deodorants to food and flavoring drinks.
Frankincense had a world wide demand beginning from Europe to Asia, which made the kingdoms of South Arabia became an integral part of the global economy, by shipping it to India, the Mediterranean and beyond.
The earliest use of domesticated camels are recorded in South Arabia as a way to transport frankincense through tough terrains.
Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Israelites, and many other cultures used incense as part of their religious ceremonies.
Frankincense is widely used in funeral rituals, as an embalming material and also to remove the bad smell of the dead body.
The incense is obtained from the white milky mass extract from the frankincense tree bark . Then it is processed until it turns to oil. The highest quality oil has a clear silver color, while the low quality is brown – yellowish. The aromatic extracted juice is distillate till it transforms into an essential oil which is widely used for its therapeutic and healing properties.
What is frankincense oil used for?
- As a remedy for scratches, scars and burns. When combined with Lavender oil, it has astonishing positive effects on healing wounds.
- Protects the nervous system: Frankincense protects the nervous system, reduces stress, anxiety and helps you focus and balancing emotions.
- Scar Healing: Mix 2-3 drops of frankincense oil with coconut oil and apply it on the skin for a toned, elastic and scarless skin.
- Boosts immune system: This oil contains elements that boost your immune system .
- Reduces stress and hinders negative feelings: This oil helps relieve stress as it has soothing and sedative properties.
- Balance hormones and strengthens memory: It helps in regulating hormones and improving memory.
- Powerful Antioxidant: It slows down signs of aging, tones the skin, improves elasticity, prevents the appearance of large pores.
- Lowers Blood pressure
- Relieves sinuses: In a sink or bowl with hot water, put six drops of frankincense oil,inhale the steam released for a couple of minutes with a towel over your head to block the vapor from escaping.
- For Skin Irritation and itching: Apply a few drops of incense oil to the affected area and to feel immediate relief.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Calming and relaxing properties
- Remove skin moles and warts. Apply a single drop 3 or 4 times a day.
- Gets rid of bad odor
- Improves Oral Health: Prevents oral health problems such as bad mouth smell, toothache, tooth decay and other infections. If mixed with baking soda and coconut oil it is used as a toothpaste.
- Relaxes and relieves from nervous tension and anxiety.
- Increases the efficiency of other essential oils.
Your Health Under Nature’s Care…
The Secrets of Nature